DEAD GIRL WAKES IN COFFIN

It all started when Neysi Perez, 16, fell unconscious and started foaming at the mouth while using her family's outdoor bathroom during the night. The Mirror reported that she may have suffered a panic attack after hearing gunshots outside her home. Her religious parents called a priest because they thought she was possessed by an evil spirit. When that didn't work, they took her to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead three hours later.

Perez was recently married, so she was buried in her wedding dress. When her husband Rudy Gonzales went to visit her grave the day after her funeral he heard screams coming from inside her tomb. He notified cemetery worker Jesus Villanueva, who said he had heard noises coming from the grave earlier but was convinced that they were coming from somewhere else.

Gonzales told local media outlet Primer Impacto: "I was heartbroken because my sweetheart had been taken so suddenly from me. I wanted to be near to her."

"As I put my hand on her grave I could hear noises inside. I heard banging, then I heard her voice. She was screaming for help. It had already been a day since we buried her. I couldn't believe it. I was ecstatic, full of hope."

Perez was exhumed by relatives who quickly took her, still in the coffin, to the hospital in San Pedro Sula, where doctors tried to revive her. Her cousin, Carolina Perez, said: "Once we had taken her out of the tomb I put my hand on her body. She was still warm, and I felt a faint heartbeat.

"She had scratches on her forehead and bruises on her fingers. It looked like she had tried desperately to get out of the casket and hurt herself."
After running tests on her vital signs, she was pronounced dead again. Doctor Claudia Lopez was quoted by The Mirror as saying: "The whole family rushed in, almost breaking the door down, carrying the girl in her casket. I told them to take her out and put her on the bed.

Comments